Wednesday, August 31, 2011

This Is the Last Day of Summer Vacation

I have very mixed emotions today as my younger three children all go back to school tomorrow.  Matt went back to school last Saturday and we can really tell there is one less child in the house.  One less shower, one less towel in the wash, one less for the other three to argue with to get out of the bathroom, and one less mess in the kitchen (Matt thinks there is a maid in our house that cleans up after him).

Tonight will be the only night that they will know what they will wear the next day.  Tomorrow there will be a whirlwind of Thomas and Dan trying to get their lunches together and Dan arguing that he can't get into the shower because Thomas is in there.  Tomorrow they will get up on time to shower, make lunches and put on their brand new sneakers. Tomorrow I will have to force them to stand still for one second while I take their picture.  I have been taking those "first day of school" pictures for 16  years.   Tomorrow will start the last year that I have three children attending school in town.  This will be the last year that Mark will be on the later bus schedule.   Tomorrow there will be complete quietness in the house from 7:50am when Mark leaves for the bus till 2:40pm when Thomas walks in the door.  Tomorrow begins afternoon soccer practice/soccer games for Dan.  I pray that the weather does not keep me from any of his games this year.   I pray that God keeps him safe from any injuries this year so that he can enjoy his senior year playing soccer.  Tomorrow brings many firsts and lasts.  At least I have man's best friend or should I say "woman's" best friend, Otis to keep me company while the kids are gone as he jumps in my lap for some good one on one time with "mama".

No comments:

Post a Comment