Saturday, April 7, 2012

6 Months Is Way To Long

I have ignored my blog for the last 6 moths due to extreme tiredness.  Many times when I would attempt to start writing I my eyes would begin to close and I could not keep myself awake.  Another problem from my medications is muscle ticks in my hands.  But since I have a ton of time on my hands right now and not as tired which I will explain in my next post that I plan on writing later today.  This post I am going to update everyone on tons of things that are happening with the family.

I will first start with Ed.  God has truly blessed me with a wonderful, loving and caring husband.  Without him I don't know where I or the boys would be.  He continues to be my rock, my caretaker, my shoulder to cry on, and with everything I am going through he still the loving father that drives all over the place to get to the boys sports games.  The boys might not realize it right now, but what an example they have of those words "in sickness and in health".

Matt is in his last semester in college and will graduate from Fitchburg State in 6 weeks.  I can not believe how quickly these four years have passed by.  He participated in the Associated Builders and Contractors club for the past two years. Matt served as the clubs Project Manager, which means that he was head of the club.  Each year this club which is national, participates in a competition in Orlando Fl.  Fitchburg competes with schools such as; Clemson and Texas A&M.  This year there were 36 that competed  and they placed 9th.  Matt was able to take the book that they compiled that was used in the competition when he went for his first job interview this past March.  We are proud to say Matt was offered a position of Project Engineer at the Plumb House in Milton, MA.  I am so happy that he already has a job that he will start a week after graduation!  Also with the joy comes the realization that my baby will no longer be living at home and will be moving out.  My first son that will be leaving our nest.  I am thankful that he will still be in MA and only an hour away from home.  After supporting him for almost 22 years and trying to teach him about managing his money..... this next stage in his life should be REALLY interesting to see!

Seniors with Western MA Division II trophy
Dan had an awesome high school soccer season this past fall as he played sweeper for the team.  The team made it to their division play offs which meant..... crazy hair cuts for everyone.  The seniors hair cuts don't get to weird.  Dan's hair was shaved real close on the sides and his number shaved into the back.  The poor freshman and new sophomores that make the team get the worst.  Dan his sophomore year got the "old man" because it rhymes with "Dan".  Let's just say he looked just like Ed.  The boys went on to win Western Massachusetts Division II.  The next game was the semi finals for Massachusetts Division II, but unfortunately they lost 0-1 but they played their hearts out.



You can get a glimpse of his hair cut.  2012 is shaved into his left side and number is shaved into the back.



After soccer season we were busy with visiting colleges.  Dan is planning on applying to nursing schools at the colleges he applies to.  He applied to 5 colleges four were state colleges and one was private.  At the private he was offered a $58,000 academic scholarship over four years but it was out of reach and he did not want to "have to" play soccer in order to get sports scholarship.  UMASS Amherst which is one of the most difficult state universities to get into he was wait listed because he had malfunctions with electronically sending his application, and it was sent but after their cut off date.  Dan has decided to attend Worcester State University which is only about 45 min. away so that is really nice for having to go get for breaks and such.  Winter has passed and we are now into lacrosse season, and Dan is one of three captains for the high school team.  I can't believe he is on the tail end of his senior year and fourth and final term has started.  Graduation is right around the corner on June 3rd.  Hopefully this boy can find a summer job!

This was taken on dress-up day.  Thank you
Maria S. for the suit it is just fitting him right now
in this photo.

Thomas is a freshman and this winter played JV Hockey for the high school and has spent this year adjusting to being in high school.  He is now playing lacrosse and it is really enjoyable that he is able to play with Dan.  OK, I don't have to much to write about him LOL other than he is a really spiffy dresser.














Mark takes pride in all his school work and continues with straight A's.  He has one of Dan and Thomas' sixth grade teachers.  She mistakenly calls Mark "Dan" when he is in her class.  I guess that tells you he looks just like Dan.  Mark is also wearing glasses and he picked out pair that look just like the pair that Dan wore in sixth grade... poor Mrs. Brown.  Well we are into the start of spring soccer and and lacrosse and juggling the two.  Thank goodness it is only for about two months of this craziness.  I don't have a photo of Mark.  I will have ask Ed to bring my camera up tomorrow when they visit me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment